Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! The backup I need desperately is missing

Hello there

If anyone could help I would be so grateful. I did a backup before I restored my sluggish iphone and then when it loded back up it automatically backed up the iphone again. The backup I desperatly need is NOT an option in the backup drop down box!!!! I read somewhere to locate the file in this folder... ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

I did this however I have NO IDEAS how to get it into itunes in order to back myself up properly. I have an very important meeting to attend and need my contacts desperately

Thank you !!!!!

Jessica

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 9:30 PM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2014 9:34 PM in response to clemej2

Your contacts should be synced to a supported application on the computer or iCloud or other cloud service. That is where you should be looking for your contacts. I would never rely on the backup to keep your contacts. Even Apple states that in their User Guide referring to backups. If the backup is not listed when you go to restore, then it is not available for you. When iTunes does a backup, it writes over the last backup, so if your phone did a backup when it was clean, then it has written over the backup you had.

HELP! The backup I need desperately is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.