Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Deleted Half My Work When Adding a Header

So im wiriting my big assignement. So far im, or was on, 5,600 words. Then I tried to add a 3rd header, at this point it deltes a whole section of my work. I revert and try again, it does it again and again then.... so I close it and reopen it and try again. So I close it again, however, this times it opens and has saved it when a whole secion on my work is gone!

So I go to File>revert and no last saves are there. It appears it has deleted 1,000 words and theres nothing I can do about it.

Now I have Omnisweep and such like, is there anyway that it has saved any previous versions which I can find through something like omnisweep?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 4:36 AM

1 reply

Jan 16, 2014 5:56 AM in response to VAN_D00M

You have not said but it sounds like you are not on OSX 10.8.5 but on OSX 10.9 and are using Pages 5, but haven't said.

Apple has removed almost 100 features from Pages 5 and added many bugs.

The syncing with iCloud means that errors propegate beyond your control.

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=3527487677f0c 6fa05b6297cd00f8eb9&mforum=iworktipsntrick

Pages '09 should still be in your Applications/iWork folder.

Archive/trash Pages 5, after Exporting your files to Pages '09, and rate/review it in the App Store, then get back to work.

Peter

Pages Deleted Half My Work When Adding a Header

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.