Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terrible!!! What can i do, when i need edit?!?

Is hier same way, how people can use thi fabulous 10.1 software???

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 3:56 AM

7 replies

Jan 16, 2014 4:19 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Well, reason, why i use mac is simplicity. And when i need my editing tool - now (not tomorrow or next week, but now). I wont open it and work. But what i can do now, can i open software - nope! I have just 300$ gray screen and it is not enough.

Is hier same other solve, than use older version, or reinstal and pray for next sucessfull open? 🙂

Jan 16, 2014 4:37 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

You heva right.

I have:

MacBook Pro

Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013

Processor 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Software OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Software:

Final Cut Pro X, 10.1

Problem:

When i try open software - Freez on screen "Restoring the window layout", and nothing will be happend in next many hours.

What i try for solved problem:

- Restart system

- Delete layout folder

... and still nothing ... have you an indea, how can i solved it?

Thx

Jan 16, 2014 9:02 AM in response to Matej Pichler

In the Finder, hold down the option key (also know as the "alt" key), and click on the Go menu.

In the menu choose the "Library" (this is the Library folder inside your home folder, it is a FCP X "Library"!).

In this folder, open "Application Support", and then "Final Cut Pro". Move the "Window Layouts" folder to the trash.

Try starting FCP X again.

Terrible!!! What can i do, when i need edit?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.