Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Updating archived FCPx Events to new FCPx 10.1

I've recently upgraded to FCP X 10.1. (I love all the improvements, but don't yet see the benefit of Libraries honestly :-)

I had some FCP Events stored on my Mac Hard drive and updated those to the new Libraries format along with the upgrade to 10.1. No problems. However, I didn't have my external drive connected at the time I upgraded. The external drive has hundreds of FCP Events. Now, I can't seem to upgrade the FCP Events to the new Libraries format in a bulk way.

It seems like FCPX 10.1 will support importing multiple old FCP Events into a new or existing library.

See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5958

Q - Q- How do I update projects and events in a SAN location or folder?

A- Click the Locate button when you first open Final Cut Pro X 10.1, or choose File > Update Projects and Events.

However, when I hit the "Locate" button and navigate to the "Final Cut Events" folder on my external hard drive, it is un-selectable. And there is a message in the popup navigation window that says "The current selection is not valid. Choose another SAN location or folder" Any advice on how to get this working?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 6:49 AM

I saw from another post the solution to my problem.

You can't select a "Folder" (like the "Final Cut Events" folder) when you do the Locate function. You have to select the Hard Drive, then it searches the drive and imports all Events.

1 reply

Problem Updating archived FCPx Events to new FCPx 10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.