Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preventing automated subscriptions in itunes

Hi

Last year i got caught out and paid for an annual subscription for a magazine that i really did not want, because i did not know that you had to turn off the appropriate button in 'general ...restrictions'. I still think this is a really poor mechanism that must catch a lot of people out. The anniversary for that subscription comes up in a few days and i shall remember to restrict that facility this time around. My question is this, i have other magazines that i do occaisionally purchase, manually, one by one, no annual sub, but i am fearful that in un-restricting the facility in order to purcahse the magazine that i am opening the gate again to the annual subsciption. How do you say 'no' once and for all?

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 8:35 AM

alex hall wrote:

Hi

Last year i got caught out and paid for an annual subscription for a magazine that i really did not want, because i did not know that you had to turn off the appropriate button in 'general ...restrictions'.

Do you mean you turned off In-App purchases?

The anniversary for that subscription comes up in a few days and i shall remember to restrict that facility this time around.

That option does not stop/turn off auto-renew subscriptons.

See this -> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 8:35 AM in response to alex hall

alex hall wrote:

Hi

Last year i got caught out and paid for an annual subscription for a magazine that i really did not want, because i did not know that you had to turn off the appropriate button in 'general ...restrictions'.

Do you mean you turned off In-App purchases?

The anniversary for that subscription comes up in a few days and i shall remember to restrict that facility this time around.

That option does not stop/turn off auto-renew subscriptons.

See this -> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098

Preventing automated subscriptions in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.