Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.qtz file won't show up in Screen Savers preferences?

So I downloaded this -- http://bodysoulspirit.weebly.com/ios-7-screensaver-for-mac-os-x-by-bodysoulspiri t.html - And installed it using the latest version. I tried it with the 1st version as well as the 2nd, to no avail. It won't install. I even tried manually navigating to the Screen Savers file on my disk and manually dropping the .qtz file, but it's not working. Help?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 7:52 PM

Hi Bennie-O

Have you tried downloading the last version with installer included ? It should fix it.

The screensaver isn't lockated in the Hard drive directory, but in the User library which is hidden in 10.8 and 10.9

You can acces the user library by hitting alt while clicking go in finder's menu bar. There you can navigate to the screen saver folder and see if it was installed.

If it's there and it doesnt show up in the system preferences, you may have a problem with your mac.

Restart it and check again.

I have seen on google that Mavericks sometimes wouldn't show the screensavers. There are some tricks to do like deleting the preference .plist. Googling it will help you to find it.

If your problem cant be solved, look on my website, you can contact me there by email or twitter.

Cheers

Bodysoulspirit - Christian Heudens

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2014 7:52 PM in response to Bennie-O

Hi Bennie-O

Have you tried downloading the last version with installer included ? It should fix it.

The screensaver isn't lockated in the Hard drive directory, but in the User library which is hidden in 10.8 and 10.9

You can acces the user library by hitting alt while clicking go in finder's menu bar. There you can navigate to the screen saver folder and see if it was installed.

If it's there and it doesnt show up in the system preferences, you may have a problem with your mac.

Restart it and check again.

I have seen on google that Mavericks sometimes wouldn't show the screensavers. There are some tricks to do like deleting the preference .plist. Googling it will help you to find it.

If your problem cant be solved, look on my website, you can contact me there by email or twitter.

Cheers

Bodysoulspirit - Christian Heudens

.qtz file won't show up in Screen Savers preferences?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.