Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple, unending mdworker sessions

mdworker is making it impossible for me to work on my old Macbook Pro. It takes nearly an hour for the multiple mdworker sessions to reduce their drag on CPU and the hard drive for me to be able to work at a reasonable speed.

This means, of course, that if I'm on battery power, I don't get much more than 30 minutes of useful time on the computer before the battery is thoroughly drained.

Mavericks was supposed to improve power management!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 8:47 AM

4 replies

Jan 17, 2014 10:36 AM in response to Payam Minoofar

Your user account must be with administrator level to do changes to the system, if your user is this level that means you have a bad permissions problem, go to disk utility and repair permissións a couple of times.

You can test by create another administrator user, and login this new user, and see if all runs from there.

Try to repair permissions again.

Try again to recreate the spotlight index

If things continue to go wrong in the original account, then you can try to recreate your original account. This is a risky trick so take care, but correct permissions for this user will be recreate:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57437548-263/how-to-rebuild-a-user-account- in-os-x/

multiple, unending mdworker sessions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.