Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run garage band and I photo with 10.6.8

Can I use garage band from osx10.5 and I photo, when I have upgraded to snow leopard 10.6.8 . Or do I just need to move on. Thanks

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Putting osx 10.5 on after 10.6.8

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 9:01 AM

If there are relevant updates they should be included with the upgrade. But if you upgraded by the retail disk, check 'About this Mac' to see if you are on 10.6.3.

If that is the case, you will need to download and apply the combo update and follow that with Software updates as available.

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 9:01 AM in response to poped4

If there are relevant updates they should be included with the upgrade. But if you upgraded by the retail disk, check 'About this Mac' to see if you are on 10.6.3.

If that is the case, you will need to download and apply the combo update and follow that with Software updates as available.

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1

Jan 16, 2014 9:10 AM in response to poped4

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4710

Try to update them, running software update.

If they don't work you will need to buy iLife '11(OLD VERSION) to work with 10.6.8 from Amazon.

As seventy one mentions, run the update to 10.6.8 before trying to update iLife, there are updates that will need to loaded, if I remember correctly,there are GB updates, as well as iPhoto updates. keeep running software update till there is nothing left to update.

Hey seventy one, looks like they are'nt mesing with you today:-)

Your post popped up just before I hit apply.

Have a good one.

Jan 16, 2014 3:56 PM in response to seventy one

Hey there seventy one,

What would even give the slightest assumption that I was from France?😕

I am farther from France than you are from that castle you live by...but are a long way from owning it!

I'm not far from the ocean, but a long way from owning a house on the water :-)

Other side of the pond in fact. What fuss? Did you make the pink stripe aliens un comfortable in an earlier post?

Glad your back on the "horse" as you have some great advice that I learn much from.

Peace,

SJP

Can I run garage band and I photo with 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.