Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wake for Network Access not Working ?

Hello,

Recently I purchased an Apple Tv, I am trying to get the Apple Tv to wake my iMac.

My Apple Tv and iMac are both running the latest software, Wake for network access is selected in System Preferences -Energy Saver.

I have read the documentation relating to Bonjour " Wake for Network Access " but everything seems in order.

At this point I am at an end to what to try, I have searched this forum and while others have had this problem, there was no solution. however the

post are almost a year old, so I am hoping some one has an idea to solve this.

I have tried restarting my Apple Tv, and router, same results, If I wake my iMac manually everything is fine.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what to try ?

I appreciate any help you can offer

Thanks

John

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Power Mac G4, iPad 2

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 8:57 AM

4 replies

Aug 28, 2014 4:28 PM in response to Deadcowboy

I have the same issue and going crazy since months. I was almost posting a question, then i read your post. I did some test: my home network is composed with a dual band router, with an iMac, AppleTV and other things. With a network analyzer i can see that the AppleTV sleep proxy is always online, i can see the router and other devices ready to wake up. But the iMac is totally off network. Looks like it turn down it's radio when it go to sleep as when i wake it up, i see it for some seconds looking for the access point and reconnecting it. I have no idea how to solve it, this issue is present since different Osx and Atv software release... I also tried other routers, and tried to change things by terminals, but i was unable to move anything...

Do you have any news on this? Thanks!

Wake for Network Access not Working ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.