Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage/Text send failure

I sent a website link to a friend via imessage(or text) and it said message send failure. I sent it to someone else and it went through. I clicked the ! to resend the message and it said message send failure again. What does it mean? Why isn't my message going through?

I have an iphone 5C.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 9:38 AM

5 replies

Jan 16, 2014 10:00 AM in response to pdroth

The person that received it - blue.

A month ago some of my messages were going out as green.

I went overseas a few weeks ago and I turned my data roaming off during that time.

I just checked and send as sms is not enabled. if it is not enabled why would my messages have sometimes sent out as green a month ago?

Jan 16, 2014 10:13 AM in response to pdroth

yes they do!

When a message sends as green doesn't that mean it's sending as a text message? If so why were my messages sending as green a month ago but not now? When I turned my data roaming on did that undo my "Enable send as sms"?

Is there any other reason I would get message send failure for one person?

Jan 16, 2014 10:17 AM in response to h3737

If you turn off data, messages can only go out as texts.

The message send failed means that for one of many possible reasons you can't iMessage that particular contact. Their phone can be turned off, no signal, etc. They can even have switched to Android and not deactivated iMessage first.

Hope that answers your questions.

Imessage/Text send failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.