Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video rendering Error - 50

Recently after getting mac book for the 1st time and I'm becoming serioulsy frustrated with this video rendering error - 50 that pops up everytime i try to export a video from i- movie. Does anyone have a solution to this or is it just a problem with the software ? I upload videos to youtube regularly so this is important to me. Any help would be much appriciated , Thanks , Colm

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 10:34 AM

5 replies

Jan 16, 2014 10:47 AM in response to 1991cdj

You might want to read the threads in the right column here under 'more like this' or do a Google search as I found dozens of them:

https://www.google.com/search?q=video+rendering+error+-+50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq= t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

In this one, a solution may have been found:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5550693?answerId=23793913022#23793913022

Jan 16, 2014 12:08 PM in response to 1991cdj

No, I've not had that problem; however, I have never tried to export one for Youtube. I burn to DVDs and, after trying the new version, I have decided to use the older version of iMovie as the new one is too cloud-centric and doesn't have any advanced customizable export options (better quality settings, etc) for exporting to the desktop.

Which iMovie version are you using?

Edit: You are referring to doing this on your computer, right? Not your iDevice? Just checking because you posted in the iMovie for iOS (which is for iDevices, not computers) forum.

So which Mac OS are you running?

Jan 16, 2014 12:24 PM in response to babowa

Im just after purchasing my mac book this week so i presume its the newest i movie , its os x 10.9.1 . Sorry didnt relalise that, new to this forum . Alot of people seem to be having this problem i wonder will apple fix it with an update. Its very frustrating because one of the reasons i bought the macbook was to make videos

Video rendering Error - 50

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.