Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to update my operating system from 10.5.8, I need help

My computer is from 2009, and I know there is many new versions of software out there since then such as lion, and mountain lion. I would like to purchase an upgrade, but I am not sure which one I can get. Am I allowed to jump to the newest one?

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 10:03 AM

Click here and read the entire page. Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC software such as Microsoft Office 2004.

If your computer's incapable of running Mavericks and has a Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) CPU and at least 2GB RAM, you can buy a download code for Lion 10.7 from the online Apple Store, but need to be running 10.6.8 to use the code.

(98019)
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 10:03 AM in response to nellbel

Click here and read the entire page. Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC software such as Microsoft Office 2004.

If your computer's incapable of running Mavericks and has a Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) CPU and at least 2GB RAM, you can buy a download code for Lion 10.7 from the online Apple Store, but need to be running 10.6.8 to use the code.

(98019)

i want to update my operating system from 10.5.8, I need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.