Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I canceled two projects and they will not cancel out.

I deleted compressor and reinstalled and the same projects I canceled are there and won't cancel. I have not been able to use compressor for 3 days down trying to fix this problem. Help Please!!

Compressor, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 10:57 AM

2 replies

Jan 24, 2014 8:23 AM in response to Mulitmedia Serv

While waiting for a reply to Russ's question by other readers of this thread 😉,..

.. let's assume you might be using either Compressor V.4.0 (and V3.x) or Compressor V4.1 (2013) , just a thought to rectify the symptoms (not the problem).

Thus the STATUS information is a reflection of what is currently in the ACTIVE jobs "database" that is maintained in the structures within ALL or any of these directories: (list the contents of .../Storage folders and internal folders and check out the cluster(s) names and status.., history etc etc) as follows...

If you DELETE these folders, it will wipe out the cluster information and the stuff that the cluster is running. IN short it cleans everything up, albeit heavily.

A) Compressor.app V4.1 (2013):

• /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Compressor/Storage...... and/or
  • your home directory's ~/library/application support/Compressor/Storage...

B) Compressor V4.0 or legacy V3.x - check your own environment first! 😐

• /users/shared/library/application support/Apple Qmaster/Storage/...... and/or
  • your home directory's ~/library/application support/Apple Qmaster/Storage and or ..
  • some OTHER customised qmaster cluster storage file system path that you had specified in the ADVANCED pane of Compressor.app V4.0/Apple Qmaster etc etc ... for example /prod_filesystem/your_personalised_qmaster_cluster/Storage

You might try the following - This will just clean out that status information that pertains to those SUBMITTED (queued) & ACTIVE JOBs in QMASTER for ALL the Qmaster clusters contributed to by this that particular host.

Do this on all your Compressor/Qmaster hosts (macs) :

1. stop all SHARING in Qmaster/Comprssor
    • (tick of the various settings in either Compressor V4.0 and V3.x (QMaster System Prefs/QMaster) - several places.. just untick them all
    • Compressor V4.1 (2013) slide "Allow Other to use.." to OFF
  2. stop compressor.app
  3. remove the above /Storage directories where this STATUS information of active jobs is maintained.. use the unix rm command or the FInder --> trash.
    • For Compressor.app V4.1 - perform:
      • rm -rf ~/Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Compressor/Storage and then
      • rm -rf ~/Shared/Library/Application Support/Compressor/Storage

• For Compressor.app V4.0 or previous V3.x - perform: remove the various /Storage drcetories from these structures - TRY this..
      • rm -rf /users/shared/library/application support/Apple Qmaster/Storage
      • rm -rf ~/library/application support/Apple Qmaster/Storage
      • rm -rf your personalised_madeup-name/prod_filesystem/your_personalised_qmaster_cluster/Storage
  4. Restart compressor .app on your hosts
  5. start Qmaster
    • Compressor V4.1 (2013) check your GROUP cluster - and tell the service nodes only to "Share Computers" and "allow others to process ..." - ON.
    • Compressor.app V4.0 and V3.x , redefine your clusters and SHARING again as you did (see other threads for the detail on this)...
  6. resubmit your jobs.

Post your results for others to see.

Warwick

Hong Kong

I canceled two projects and they will not cancel out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.