Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2007 MacBook with upgraded RAM won't start OS Lion download

I have a 2007 13 inch MacBook Core 2 Duo (2.1 GHz) that I had the RAM upgraded to 4 GB in hopes of at least being able to have OS Lion, since I have no hopes of ever running Mavericks on this machine... (In a perfect world, I could get my machine to run an OS compatible with what my iPhone and iPad run, but hey, I get it. It's an old laptop. My deal is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it other than its age. Why should I have to buy a new one in the sake of connectivity? Rant over.)

I have a copy of a previous purchase of Lion in my app store purchase history, (I bought it when it first came out for my desktop) but when I try to download, it will at first not do anything, and after a restart, it appears in my dock as "paused". It gives me an option to "restart" the download, but it will stay unresponsive, no matter what I click...

I have checked and checked my system requirements (which are met to the letter and then some), my internet connection, I tried plugging my ethernet cable directly into my laptop (my AirPort is also rather old and sluggish sometimes, on top of a crummy ISP), I have plugged my power cable in, but nothing seems to work. Lion simply refuses to download, and I am at my wits end as to why. Help please!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Late 2007 13 inch MacBook, 4GB RAM

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 10:52 AM

4 replies

Jan 16, 2014 2:44 PM in response to Eustace Mendis

Thanks for the suggest. Tried this last night, still nothing... Talked to Apple tech support since as well, apparently it appears as if it's doing nothing, but it should be downloading... Mine did nothing overnight, then I deleted and tried again in the morning, let it sit and run from 7AM till 3PM, still nothing.... This is so frustrating!

2007 MacBook with upgraded RAM won't start OS Lion download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.