Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to locate projects in library after upgrading to fcpx 10.1

After upgrading to fcpx 10.1, I'm unable to locate the projects in the library. The clips are there, but the timeline inicates that all the files are missing. The newly created "projects and events.fcpbundle" does not appear to contain the projects. Attempts to Update Projects and Events and relinking are to no avail. Are the projects "hiding" somewhere?

Mac Pro, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 12:16 PM

31 replies

Jan 16, 2014 6:41 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I upgraded to Mavericks, then fcpx 10.1. The new fcp bundle does not contain the project, only the event. The project is not in the library. Somehow I must have screwed up with the upgrade process. I know the "old version project" didn't vaporize, but it's hidden somewhere. I'd like to find it, convert it to the new version and import it into the library. Is that possible, or do I have to start the project over from scratch with the new version?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Mar 6, 2014 9:39 AM in response to steye

For the 10.1 app to see the old projects, they would have to be in a Final Cut Projects folder – located in the Movies folder of your boot drive or at the root level of a non boot drive. Anything it sees, it asks you to verify that you want updated and then places them in the Updated Projects event folder that Luis mentioned. The app also asks you whether you want to save the original projects (and events) or trash them.

My point in recapping all of this is that if FCPX 10.1 did not update the missing 2 projects, then the project (and event) folders are somewhere. They don't get over-written, or moved if the app doesn't see them. Perhaps you had previously moved them to a folder outside the Final Cut Projects folder? Why not do a system-wide search on .fcpproject?

Russ

Mar 6, 2014 1:06 PM in response to 1Jaybird2

Hey Russ,

Thank you again for the reply!

I found the project too.

But i'm not able to find a way to open it or to import it.

the weird thing is that i found it in the movies folder on my macbookpro's harddrive. while in fcp the event and belonging projects were allways on my external hardrive..

do you know how I can open it?

should I copy it to the eventfolder on my external harddrive?

Many thanx again!

Steye

Mar 7, 2014 6:21 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

it just doesnt work..

I can find the project on my harddisk. now even the updated one but fcp keeps telling me it cant find anything to update ..

in fcp there are only 3 projects..

in my updated folder there are at least 20..

but i cant make a connection in any way.

I can open them with text edit..

the weird thing remains that the project that I'm looking for was allways on an external drive. the event and media files are still there but the project all over sudden is on my system drive.

Mar 7, 2014 6:31 AM in response to steye

Please post some screen shots. What are you seeing in the libraries panel of FCP? Show the drive you want to updating with the Final Cut Projects folder in column view.

You can never open an FCP project. The application always opens it for you either in the 10.0.x vesion reading the Final Cut Projects folder or on 10.1.x reading the library that contains the event that contains the project.

Unable to locate projects in library after upgrading to fcpx 10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.