Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find where to authorize my computer. They say it should be on store menu - cannot find that

Cannot play my music on this computer - cannot authorize it as per instructions on support

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 1:39 PM

4 replies

Jan 16, 2014 1:51 PM in response to sissymarie

Did you move the library from one computer to another? Depending on eactly how you did this you may have confused the library's links to the media. Try selecting a single song then pressing CTRL+I, say no when asked to locate the file. What is the path shown on the summary tab. Where is that track really? With the two paths I can usually offer some help. Alternatively try to locate the file, sometimes iTunes will successfully reconnect other "lost" tracks. I also have a script called FindTracks that may succed if iTunes doesn't.

tt2

Dec 8, 2014 11:20 AM in response to sissymarie

The Authorize instructions on the support and community are lacking a key step to find the drop down selection to authorize. After spending nearly an hour going back and forth with the support page and community posts, I finally found it. You MUST BE LOGGED IN TO iTunes FIRST, not just the public STORE landing page. If in doubt, try to get to a place where you want to play a song then look at the top for a dropdown arrow and proceed slowly to find the AUTHORIZE selection. Once there, it will accept your choice and confirm it (as long as you have not previously maxxed out your allotment for 5 devices).
I wish the Apple support instructions would provide this simple clarification to save many people from a lot of frustration. 😉

Cannot find where to authorize my computer. They say it should be on store menu - cannot find that

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.