Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot do Multiple Video Chat With a Certain User

I was having problems getting the "multiple camera icon" to show up on my iChat, so I created another user on my Mac, and lo and behold, the multiple camera icon showed up and I was able to particpate in a multi-video chat. So it's not my internet connection. Everything worked fine.

So, now, I'm trying to get my primary user account be able to do this, and I'm still having problems. I tried deleting all of the iChat plist files out of ~/Library/Preferences. Deleting all passwords out of my keychain. I go through the setup screens again, and still, no multiple camera icon.

One interesting thing to note, is that iChat still remembered my ID for my Jabber and AIM accounts, even though they are not anywhere else I can remember, so they have got to be stored somewhere else.

Any other ideas?

MBP 17" 2.16 GHz Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Jul 29, 2006 4:30 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2006 9:47 PM in response to TJ in VA

Hi,

This seems to be a comon problem, so you may want to scan through some of these posts if you haven't already:

http://discussions.apple.com/search.jspa?objID=f902&search=Go&q=multi

I'm not sure if any of that applies to you as some of it looks like older postings, but a popular solution seems to be:

Go to System Preferences > QuickTime and click on the Streaming tab. Your streaming speed is very likely set to "Automatic." Change the drop-down menu from "Automatic" to "1.5 Mbps T1/Intranet/LAN" (or lower, as long as it is above the iChat AV minimum). Quit and re-launch iChat.

Glen

Cannot do Multiple Video Chat With a Certain User

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.