Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match - AAC - Uploading

I have a real annoying issue that seems to happen a lot. I doubt there is a work around, but I will ask anyway. I have a lot of CDs that I ripped years ago that are 192kb. After I import them into iTunes I add them to the cloud and they match. I then delete them locally and download them from iTunes. After they are all downloaded I select them all and select create AAC version. I then delete from the cloud and local computer the original versions I download. I then try and match the converted versions and only about 70-80% match. I can't figure out why they don't match if the only thing I did was create an AAC version from their downloaded version. Needless to say this is very annoying and driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 1:26 PM

7 replies

Jan 16, 2014 2:06 PM in response to Daniel Cleary

Hi,

I do not understand what you are trying to achieve! iTunes Match scans your library to determine whether it can match or needs to upload a track.

If you get a match and you want to upgrade the track from 192 Kbps, you delete the original and redownload the upgraded 256 Kbps matched AAC audio file. Therefore, why do you need to convert them to AAC when you already have the matched version.

Have you added iCloud status column to song view. This tells you what has been matched, uploaded, purchased, inelligible, duplicate or waiting.

Jim

Jan 17, 2014 12:40 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Jimzgoldfinch wrote:

Whilst you would expect the converted to match again, maybe the change in encoding process affects the matching process.

Jim

It does. Because even more data is being removed from the sonic footprint of the track during the cross conversion process the possibility of the new file "matching" decreases. The OP might as well have just stuck with the original 192 Kbps file.

iTunes Match - AAC - Uploading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.