Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"manually manage music and videos" setting disabled after upgrading iTunes!

Hello every one.

I used to manage my musics and videos manualy , so naturally "manually manage music and videos" check box was always "cheked"

Now after i upgrade my itunes to latest version (11.1.3.8), i find out that option is "Unchecked"!!

So i am not able to copy any music or video or book too my iphon !
If i try to enable that option again, it will clear my libraries and i will lose anything.

Why this happened? what can i do ? any workaround? seems like a bug to me. i didnt do anything just updated my itunes. that option was enabled on my iphone for like 3 years! now i just upgrade my iTunes and that check box is unchecked.

It seems stupid itunes think its another machine and says " it is synced with another library" 😟

Any suggestion please?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 2:21 PM

Yea, i managed to fix my issue in a wild fashion way 👿 But I DONT suggest it to anyone.

I like to hear why it happened after upgrading iTunes and if there is any peaceful solution.

Bythe way, here is how i fixed it :

1-i checked "manually manage music and videos" checkbox and clicked on "Sync" button

2-It showed a threating message that it will erase my music and videos ,......

3-I clicked on OK button and let iTunes do any thing she said 😝 , but the second it started to delete my treasures from my iphone, i disconnected my phone by pulling USB cable.

Now i have my musics and videos untouched and got that Option enabled again and i can manage my Music/Videos and Books manually. 😉

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 2:21 PM in response to IceProgrammer

Yea, i managed to fix my issue in a wild fashion way 👿 But I DONT suggest it to anyone.

I like to hear why it happened after upgrading iTunes and if there is any peaceful solution.

Bythe way, here is how i fixed it :

1-i checked "manually manage music and videos" checkbox and clicked on "Sync" button

2-It showed a threating message that it will erase my music and videos ,......

3-I clicked on OK button and let iTunes do any thing she said 😝 , but the second it started to delete my treasures from my iphone, i disconnected my phone by pulling USB cable.

Now i have my musics and videos untouched and got that Option enabled again and i can manage my Music/Videos and Books manually. 😉

"manually manage music and videos" setting disabled after upgrading iTunes!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.