Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore an album and its content? (suddenly disappeared)

I've just got my new macbook air and i imported a lot of photos to iPhoto

and it took me so much time to arrange it by my order (different albums places times and faces).

after a few days it suddenly won't open and it asks to choose an album or create one. i was trying to choose the old one but it won't open so i pressed "create new".

I managed to restore my old photos but i am so mad! its not in the order and not in its places, its messy and doesnt arranged by how i did it before.

no albums, no faces, NO EVENTS. Also every one of the photos is titled weirdly with numbers and letters which werent like this when i first imported them.

in the begining i liked how it was but now i am so angry and absolutely not pleased with how it all works on iphoto. if i wont find a solution i would have to delete everything and start from zero.

what can i do to restore my original album and all its events before it suddenly disappeared? if its even possible.

thank you so much for help and sorry for my english.

MacBook Air, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 2:28 PM

1 reply

Jan 16, 2014 3:38 PM in response to yulia.st

These are your options:

1. Restore the iPhoto library from the most recent backup that predates the issue.

2. Repair or rebuild the library.

3. Scavenge the library with a third-party application called "iPhoto Library Manager," which you can find in a web search. From the application's menu bar (not the iPhoto menu bar), select

Library Rebuild

Books, calendars, and slideshows won't be preserved.

how to restore an album and its content? (suddenly disappeared)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.