Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted the Mail program and want it back.

When I first got this laptop, I deleted Mail because I had bought Microsoft Office and wanted to use Entourage as my default e-mail program. The problem is, I found out my school's e-mail system works with Mail and not Entourage. So I need Mail back. I tried inserting the OS X tiger install discs and choosing install software...but from the choice of programs, Mail is not an option. How can I get this program back?

MacBok Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Jul 29, 2006 4:51 PM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2006 5:10 PM in response to Azakzoires

Neither the reason you deleted Mail nor the reason you want to use it now make sense. Anyway, you can reinstall Mail as described here:

Custom installs in Mac OS X 10.4

If the version of the system software on your installation disks is earlier than what you're using now, then you must also reinstall the corresponding Combo Update afterwards, to bring the Mail application back in sync with the rest of the system:

Mac OS X 10.4.7 Combo Update for Intel

Also, you may want to read the following articles for guidelines on how to properly install system updates:

Troubleshooting installation and software updates
Installing software updates

Basically, you should verify/repair the startup disk before installing the update, and no applications should be running while installing it.

Aug 1, 2006 4:35 PM in response to Azakzoires

Glad to help.

Why reward points?(Quoted from Discussions Terms of Use.)
The reward system helps to increase community participation. When a community member gives you (or another member) a reward for providing helpful advice or a solution to their question, your accumulated points will increase your status level within the community.
Members may reward you with 5 points if they deem that your reply is helpful and 10 points if you post a solution to their issue. Likewise, when you mark a reply as Helpful or Solved in your own created topic, you will be awarding the respondent with the same point values.

I deleted the Mail program and want it back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.