Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two MacBook Pro Questions, Help!

Hi all, I'm currently going through two seperate problems with my currents macbook pro. I bought it in summer 2010 and all the software is updated.

In the past 24 hours, I have gotten the "Your mac has restarted because of a problem," 3 times. And it is starting to freak me out because I have seen it could be logic board, GPU, hardware, etc. I reset my PRAM/NVRAM, today as well. I don't have apple care and my warrenty is already expired, plus I am a college student with a budget, and I really don't live close to an apple store for the genius bar, I have been thinking maybe Geek Squad but I heard they are overpriced. I have no idea what to do.

The other issue is an odd one, my wireless connection is acting weird. I use Google Chrome as my browser and some websites load and others do not. For example twitter will load but facebook will not. I just get the "no data received" message. I have reset my modem (main and router) and have also tried using other browsers (Firefox and Safari) and the same problem happens on both browsers. This right now ***** because I have homework I need to submit online and my schools blackbload will not load to submit assignments.

If Anyone has any idea on any of these issues, PLEASE any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Think that is my operating system.

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 3:32 PM

Your model is subject to a replacement program for the logicboard due to a defective GPU. It lasts 3 years from the date of purchase. If this is already expired, Apple may or may not still replace your logicboard. It is ultimately at the discretion of the store manager. If you don't qualify, your other option would be a flat rate repair, for ~$300, which Apple will repair anything wrong with the machine for this fee. See the user tip and support article below:

MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2010 owners: Apple Support Communities

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010): Intermittent black screen or loss ...

Message was edited by: nbar

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 3:32 PM in response to Tommyishere

Your model is subject to a replacement program for the logicboard due to a defective GPU. It lasts 3 years from the date of purchase. If this is already expired, Apple may or may not still replace your logicboard. It is ultimately at the discretion of the store manager. If you don't qualify, your other option would be a flat rate repair, for ~$300, which Apple will repair anything wrong with the machine for this fee. See the user tip and support article below:

MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2010 owners: Apple Support Communities

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010): Intermittent black screen or loss ...

Message was edited by: nbar

Two MacBook Pro Questions, Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.