Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Spam vs. Junk" in Mavericks Mail

Up until upgrading to OS X Mavericks - in my Mail application, 2 separate folders "Junk" and "Spam" appeared, and different e-mails automatically fell into each -- my "Spam" folder disappeared upon upgrade to Mavericks...where'd it go? Do I now have to log into each of my mail servers in order to clean these out?

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 3:24 PM

3 replies

Jan 16, 2014 3:37 PM in response to gogirl143

If it was a Gmail account, it is now under the Junk Mailbox folder.

If you have any of the basic four folders (Drafts, Sent, Junk, Trash) separate in your IMAP server mailboxes, you can set them to be incorporated into Mail's unified mailboxes. Mail had previously captured the ones it was aware of, but left the others un-unified. All of Gmail's folders are now integrated.

To use an IMAP mailbox for a specific purpose, select it, then choose Use this Mailbox For from the Mailbox menu and set if for the appropriate function.

Jan 16, 2014 3:42 PM in response to Barney-15E

it's actually multiple accounts - work, home, coaching, etc...I've established different e-mail accounts to kind of "auto-sort" stuff... It's just odd that the separate "spam" folders just disappeared - great, if Mavericks Mail has consolidated everything into one...one less step! Thank You -- if anyone else has seen this with multiple "accounts", please let me know -- thanks!

"Spam vs. Junk" in Mavericks Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.