Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Calendars Won't Delete (Sync issues)

Hello all, I am a newbie here so thanks for having me. My background is IT, but I certainly dont have all the answers.

THE PROBLEM: when I delete additional calenders in iCloud, they dissappear (to be expected), then several minutes later reappear! I have disconnected the sync and deleted the data of any additional devices such as my iphone, and ipad, then reattempted but still will not delete! very annoying.

Thanks for your time and help!

LoZ

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 4:20 PM

3 replies

Jan 16, 2014 5:08 PM in response to LionofZion

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Firstly, can I ask exactly what you mean by additional calendars.

Also are you saying that if you turn iCloud syncing off and try to delete these calendars they delete but return shortly after. This is a little difficult to understand since not only can iCloud not be responsible for resurrecting them, but they should have disappeared anyway when iCloud was turned off? perhaps I'm not understanding you properly.

Jan 16, 2014 5:51 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi Winston,

Thanks for your reply!

To clarify,

So I disable iOS iCloud sync on each device and delete the local calendars, then I login to iCloud.com and delete the calendars on there also. Then I turn iCloud Sync back on each iOS device. Which results in iCloud and the iOS devices only having 1 calendar 🙂 But about 10mins later the old deleted calendars return!

P.S I have also turned off iCloud calendar sync on the iMac so its not getting in the way. AsI did notice the other day it was taking forever to sync the calendars and then just decided to disable iCloud "Calendar" sync all together to remove the iMac out of the equation. The problem however may be on the iCloud server database with a corrupted sync record or something...

Thanks mate!

iCloud Calendars Won't Delete (Sync issues)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.