Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer SMS Messages from another phone to my phone

Hi

I inadvertantly deleted all the messages from my partner off my IPhone 3GS. She has a copy of the messages on her iPhone 4S. Is there a way that I can get a copy of the messages from her phone, onto my phone. = Just for our conversation - not all messages?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 5:36 PM

No. The closest you can do is back up her phone to her computer, then use a backup extractor program that you can find using a web search to extract the messages to a file on the computer. There are a number of free and inexpensive backup extractor programs available. There are also a few overpriced apps, and their developers will probably spam this message thread in the next few days. So avoid any that post in response. They will appear to be endorsements; they are just spam.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 5:36 PM in response to Mikehenegan

No. The closest you can do is back up her phone to her computer, then use a backup extractor program that you can find using a web search to extract the messages to a file on the computer. There are a number of free and inexpensive backup extractor programs available. There are also a few overpriced apps, and their developers will probably spam this message thread in the next few days. So avoid any that post in response. They will appear to be endorsements; they are just spam.

Jan 17, 2014 4:16 AM in response to Mikehenegan

If you have a Mac iScavenge works for me and its free. Not quite as sure about Windows. But the overpriced ones have better search placement, so look beyond the first page.

Also, if you have IT experience the backup is a SQLite database, so a SQLite client will work.

Finally, the backup consists of a large number of small text files, so you can actually read the files with textedit on a Mac or Notepad on Windows.

How to transfer SMS Messages from another phone to my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.