Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro upgrade ram

Hi community, I have a question my macbook is not retina 15" mid 2012 core i7 with mavericks, and wanted to know whether to upgrade to 16gb of ram or 8GB much because I use adobe programs a lot, what is your suggestion thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 5:21 PM

Yes you should upgrade your RAM. You can either let some service provider or do it yourself. Many third party service providers sell Mac compatible RAM or you can go to newegg.com to find it. Apple only sell 8 GB RAM for your model, not 16 GB.

Adobe professional apps would require a lot of RAM. You'll notice smoother performance with the upgraded RAM.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 5:21 PM in response to tavovaldez007

Yes you should upgrade your RAM. You can either let some service provider or do it yourself. Many third party service providers sell Mac compatible RAM or you can go to newegg.com to find it. Apple only sell 8 GB RAM for your model, not 16 GB.

Adobe professional apps would require a lot of RAM. You'll notice smoother performance with the upgraded RAM.

macbook pro upgrade ram

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.