Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 4.1 Crashes When Changing Location

Every time I click on a job to change the Location from Source to a specific folder, Compressor 4.1 crashes. I've trashed preferences using Preference Manager but to no avail. Suggestions?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 27" 3.4 GHz Core i7; Late 2012

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 8:54 AM

First try repair permissions in DIsk Utility. I'm skeptical that it's a permission problem, but no harm in trying the least disruptive fix first.

If that doesn't work, and with Compressor closed, in the Finder>Go, hold down the option key to select the Home library. In that Home library>Applications Support, locate the Compressor folder and drag to the trash.

Restart Compressor.

Good luck.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2014 8:54 AM in response to jgcaldwell

First try repair permissions in DIsk Utility. I'm skeptical that it's a permission problem, but no harm in trying the least disruptive fix first.

If that doesn't work, and with Compressor closed, in the Finder>Go, hold down the option key to select the Home library. In that Home library>Applications Support, locate the Compressor folder and drag to the trash.

Restart Compressor.

Good luck.

Russ

Compressor 4.1 Crashes When Changing Location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.