Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro haswell temps?

Sup guys I recently bought the haswell mbpr 15inch with 16gb and 750m and I was wondering if it was normal for the laptop to get extremely hot when gaming. Judging from is tat menus I get 55-70c when I watch Netflix or some high quality videos. Idle is about 35c - 45 . stuff gets super hot when gaming. When running league of legends 1600x900 res most high settings the laptop can get up to 95c with 3k fan speed. So is this normal? Or should I get it checked.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 11:53 PM

Normal.

100 C (212F) is the thermal limit for the intel processor in your machine. The computer will shut itself down to prevent damage if necessary. The temperatures you report are within normal operating temperatures based on the usage. Make sure the back vents are well ventilated. Besides that, the firmware in your machine is very good at keeping the machine cool and dissipating the heat produced from CPU/GPU intensive processes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 11:53 PM in response to lardmeister

Normal.

100 C (212F) is the thermal limit for the intel processor in your machine. The computer will shut itself down to prevent damage if necessary. The temperatures you report are within normal operating temperatures based on the usage. Make sure the back vents are well ventilated. Besides that, the firmware in your machine is very good at keeping the machine cool and dissipating the heat produced from CPU/GPU intensive processes.

macbook pro haswell temps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.