Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connect ipod to itunes for windows,

I had been using my 6th generation i pod with a mac book pro , after having some problems with my mac I loaded itunes on to my windows based pc

itunes gives this error message "itunes has been detected a macintosh-formatted ipod. you must restore this ipod before you can use it on windows"

Microsoft gives this error message " you need to format the disk in drive F: before you can use it.

both say that if i do either of these all files we be lost.

I went to apple store and talked with a genius he said their was nothing that I could do to save those files.

Now I thought if I plug ipod into, another mac I could sign in, then safe these files to the cloud so that is what i will try today if that does not work I will give up on trying to safe the music I have on it I spent several hours and could not find a solution, one more try then I will give up and format differently for windows version of itunes.

iPod nano, Windows 8, ipod 6th generation.

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 3:24 AM

There are no replies.

connect ipod to itunes for windows,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.