Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you restore a new hard drive from a g drive

I recently had to replace the hard drive on my MacBook...and am now trying to restore my files from my terabyte G-Drive. Originally, I had to connect my Time Machine with my G-Drive, but not sure how to do that now. If you have any experience doing this or can give me the steps that would be great!! Thanks in advance.

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 6:55 AM

2 replies

Jan 18, 2014 5:58 PM in response to hands4

This did't help...but I have already restored it...I perservered on my own and found that the procedure was straightforward on the "Finder>Help" pages. I just searched for "Restore my entire system and that's what came up.

Make sure you are connected to your external drive. Then, turn the computer off and then after you turn it back on at the gray window, hold down the Command and R keys, until the options come up and then select "Restore from a Time Machine Backup", then click Continue. That's all I needed to do....everything was restored to the last time I backed up on my G Drive with Time Machine 🙂

Now I just have to go back and get all the software updates since my last backup...

how do you restore a new hard drive from a g drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.