Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing audio across multiple slides in Keynote/Maverick

GRRRR!! Can someone help? I am trying to play the same song across multiple slides in my Keynote presentation. I just upgraded to Maverick on my MacBook Air, and upgraded Keynote (6.0.1). There is no more Inspector, and nothing really makes sense! Surely there is a way to do this than is easier than some of the posts I see from 2008-10?? How come it's so easy on PPT, but not KN?

Thanks for helping!😕

Apple TV, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 9:10 AM

4 replies

Jan 18, 2014 8:51 AM in response to Bluegrassdog

When using soundtrack in the Inspector, Keynote can only play one sound file for the whole presentation.

To give a practical example:

I have 3 groups of images, 10 each of water, trees and mountains, total 30 images

images are on screen for 3 seconds each so the presentation lasts for 90 seconds.

I have 3 different pieces of music, one piece to play with each group.

I edit the three music files together so that each piece plays for 30 seconds, and export a single sound file and place that in the audio well of the Inspector. Garageband, Quicktime or iMovie can be used to edit the music.

In Keynote I create an auto transition so each slide plays for 3 seconds each.

An alternative is to put the images and music into iMovie and create a QuickTime movie which will create an

accurately timed and locked presentation.

Playing audio across multiple slides in Keynote/Maverick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.