Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders sync, but completed reminders don't - HELP

My reminders snyc from my iPhone 5 to my MBP just fine. If I add a reminder to one device, it shows up on ll m

However, when I complete and check off a reminder on one device, that does not carry over, so I end up, for example, checking off a reminder on my iPhone and then, hours later when I open my MacBook Pro, the reminder still shows as NOT completed (and vice-versa).

Any idea on what might be causing this? It's a pain (albeit a small, annoying one) having to check off completed reminders on each device. Shouldn't that carry over? Once I mark a reminder complete on one device, shouldn't it mark complete on every synced device?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 11:12 AM

7 replies

Dec 2, 2015 10:29 AM in response to resuko

iPad Pro and new Mac Pro with El Capitan--still happening here, too. 2 years later??

And deleting the reminder doesn't even work: you must manually delete from EVERY device.

SO much labor for a simple Siri reminder to make a phone call... so easy to create the reminder, SO hard to deal with it. Not worth it.

Too bad, this would be one of my top uses for Siri.

Dec 9, 2015 3:41 AM in response to docfilm

Same issue. OS 10.8.5, iOS 8.4.1. Whatever I mark completed on my Mac won't affect reminders on the iPhone. It works the other way around though. I have no clue as to what to do, logging out of the iCloud and then logging back in helps just temporarily then everything goes back to as it was before. The problem still exists and I couldn't find any effective solution over the Internet. Please pay attention.

Reminders sync, but completed reminders don't - HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.