Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will FCP 7 run in Mavericks 10.9.1

Hi,

I'm running an iMac 27" (mid 2011) 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7 AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB.

I have a question about Mavericks (10.9.1). I called Apple and they couldn't guarantee that FCP 7 or any other third party programs such as Toast 9, DVD SP4, Compressor 3.5.3, Streamclip, Motion 4.0.3, Epson NX 415 scanner, etc.

I'm especially concerned about FCP 7 because, although I have taken and plan to re-take the FCP X Rippletraining tutorial for which I need Mavericks to run FCP X on, I still have some ongoing FCP 7 projects that I want to be able to run.

Apple suggests backing up my current OS (Mountain Lion 10.8.5) on Time Machine and re-installing if necessary.

Have you heard of any problems with Mavericks and FCP 7 and any other 3rd party programs that run OK on Mountain Lion?

Thanks,

Phil

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 11:17 AM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2014 12:04 PM in response to Philip Snyder

Yes, I've heard of problems. Just today someone said that Log and Transfer didn't work properly...kept crashing the system.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1181053

There have been reports of it not launching, exporting out of sync...saying CODEC NOT FOUND when working with XDCAM. How far ranging is that? Dunno. We only hear about the problems on the forums, not the successes. If you sat in the waiting room at a hospital you'd think everyone was sick, that there was some sort of pandemic.

I do know others that have reported now issues. But it all depends on what part of it you use...I guess. The OS wasn't designed for FCP 7 in mind. If you must use it to earn a living, I HIGHLY recommend you install it on an older OS, or keep around the older computer that you have it installed on to revisit those projects.

Will FCP 7 run in Mavericks 10.9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.