Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some movies won't work

Not sure if this is an ITunes probem or AppleTV or iPhone problem.

OK, so I have a whole bunch of movies in iTunes. Recently (not sure if there was an update), some of them don't show up on my Apple TV, nor will the same movies sync onto my iphone. The same movies.

Any ideas? I've tried deleting from my library, and adding them again. rebooting everything, resigning in.

Any other ideas? Thanks in adavance!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 1:52 PM

5 replies

Jan 17, 2014 7:23 PM in response to fit_artist

Are you sure all the videos are playable in iTunes? As far as i know, iTunes supports formats including:

H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.+

So, if your videos are not included, it is normal that they wil not appear when you try to play them. In this case, you need to convert videos to iTunes supported videos. Hope this helps.

Feb 16, 2014 10:18 AM in response to fit_artist

Yep having the exsact same issue, Having to convert them into m4v.

to do this open the film or video in quicktime,

File>export

then compatable for appletv, takes about 5 mins but its the only way I have found so far.

I found that this issue could be becuase of the mp4 coding, ACC work and AC3 do not.

Let me know if you find a better Fix

Regards

Mark

Some movies won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.