Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my 7th gen nano was working fine, now no sound

And yes, I tried two different sets of ear buds and they were both pushed in all the way. It's worked fine for months, now this morning everything appears normal, but there is no sound output. Any ideas? Thanks!

iPod nano

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 1:38 PM

6 replies

Jan 19, 2014 2:30 PM in response to live_music_fan

Hey live_music_fan,

I know you have a 7th generation and the article this information is from is for the 6th gen, but the steps should still apply. If you haven't already, I would run through the following:

• Check the volume setting.
  • Try adjusting the volume by pressing the volume buttons.
  • Try another song or audio file.
  • Reset iPod by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo appear.
  • My issue is still not resolved. What do I do next?

For information on servicing your iPod, go to the iPod Service FAQ.

from: iPod nano (6th generation): Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3474

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Sincerely,

Delgadoh

Jan 19, 2014 9:32 PM in response to live_music_fan

live_music_fan wrote:

I tried everything on the list, couldn't get the apple logo to display when holding down the Down Volume and Sleep/Wake buttons together. It's still not working.

There is actually a slight variation in the instructions provided (intended for a 6th generation) and the instructions for a 7th generation.

Hold the power (a.k.a. sleep/wake) button, and the home button, as opposed to the volume down button.

Nov 10, 2014 11:21 AM in response to Delgadoh

Do this: a) Get a Qtip. b) Peel the cotton off (make sure there is no lint on it). c) submerge the tip of the Qtip in alcohol. d) insert the wet tip inside the earphone inlet. e) rub the tip inside in circles few times. e) shake the ipod so any alcohol residue can go out . f) blow air through the inlet few times. That's it ! I'm sure your ipod got dust like mine. Enjoy it!

my 7th gen nano was working fine, now no sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.