Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple id mysteriously changed

I was going to install an update from the app store and in the apple id it said istead of my email it was

evg*******rov88@gmail.com this is not my email and I dont know this person. could this person have like hacked into my computer and logged into his own apple id? i am really confused. i did change my id for my user to my real one, but the app store still says its that one. does someone know what is this? and has this ever happened before?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 2:52 PM

You installed a hacked app, originally from the Mac App Store. It contains the receipt for a different app, downloaded using an account that you don't control. You need to identify and remove the hacked app.

Important: The app you need to remove is not necessarily the one named in the App Store alert. For example, if the App Store says you need to update "Angry Birds" or "Twitter," the hacked app may be or something else entirely. Don't make any assumptions about which app you're looking for. To find it, you have to carry out a systematic search with Spotlight.

Triple-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it:

kMDItemAppStoreHasReceipt=1

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

In the Finder, press command-F to open a search window, or select

File Find

from the menu bar. In the search window, select

Search: This Mac

from the row of tokens below the toolbar. Below that is a popup menu of search criteria, initially showing Kind. From that menu, select

Other...

A sheet will drop down. In that sheet, select

Raw Query

as the criterion, then click OK or press return.

Now there will be a text box to the right of the menu of search criteria. That's where you enter the raw search query. Click in that box and paste the text you copied earlier by pressing command-V.

The search window will now show all the App Store products that are installed. Compare those search results with the list of your purchases from the App Store. To see the complete list, you may need to unhide hidden purchases. If any apps were download from the App Store using other Apple ID accounts that you control, sign in to the store under each of those ID's and check the purchases.

At least one of the apps in the search results is not among your purchases in the App Store. Move each such item to the Trash, after quitting it if it's running. You may be prompted for your administrator password. Empty the Trash.

Quit and relaunch the App Store. Test.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2014 2:52 PM in response to ilia3101

You installed a hacked app, originally from the Mac App Store. It contains the receipt for a different app, downloaded using an account that you don't control. You need to identify and remove the hacked app.

Important: The app you need to remove is not necessarily the one named in the App Store alert. For example, if the App Store says you need to update "Angry Birds" or "Twitter," the hacked app may be or something else entirely. Don't make any assumptions about which app you're looking for. To find it, you have to carry out a systematic search with Spotlight.

Triple-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it:

kMDItemAppStoreHasReceipt=1

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

In the Finder, press command-F to open a search window, or select

File Find

from the menu bar. In the search window, select

Search: This Mac

from the row of tokens below the toolbar. Below that is a popup menu of search criteria, initially showing Kind. From that menu, select

Other...

Raw Query

as the criterion, then click OK or press return.

Now there will be a text box to the right of the menu of search criteria. That's where you enter the raw search query. Click in that box and paste the text you copied earlier by pressing command-V.

The search window will now show all the App Store products that are installed. Compare those search results with the list of your purchases from the App Store. To see the complete list, you may need to unhide hidden purchases. If any apps were download from the App Store using other Apple ID accounts that you control, sign in to the store under each of those ID's and check the purchases.

At least one of the apps in the search results is not among your purchases in the App Store. Move each such item to the Trash, after quitting it if it's running. You may be prompted for your administrator password. Empty the Trash.

Quit and relaunch the App Store. Test.

Apr 19, 2014 10:24 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hey guys sorry to bring back this thread form the dead, but i had a similiar problem.

I think i may have found a solution thats been causing this issue.....

i have a MBP Retina.

I have / purchased the following applications:

User uploaded file

and one more: Vuze.

Upon authorising my computer after trying transfer my purchases from my iphone, i got a prompt to login to my apple id:

Somebody else's sign in name was there *********r@gmail.com

Alarmed, i checked all these forums and the internet to see what the problem was and i stumbled upon this thread

Linc - i did that search and nothing came up in the search.

User uploaded file

first of all.. is this right? or should i say normal?

alarmed even more so i checked my purchases again and then i remembered Vuze which could very well be a possibility since its not in the app store.

It was worth a possible shot so i dragged the app from finder to the trash can. i also did a further search to see if any system files were still present related to vuze that i had just deleted. i found some and then i trashed them too. I emptied the trash can immdeiately.

I signed out of itunes and i quit the mac app store and restarted it. i attempted to sign in to see if that other user's name was still present...

It was blank. so it obviously got rid of the problem (?)

i went back in itunes to authorize the computer and have not met the same problem. i signed back in my ID and then i authorized my computer. - i didnt meet the other users name again...

now...

I have a few questions relating to this incident...

1. the search found nothing... (kMDItemAppStoreHasReceipt=1) is this right? or i did do something wrong?

2. i havent encountered that other user's name since deleting Vuze - Is it safe to say that THAT was the problem? or are there any other tests that i can undertake to verify that the issue is resolved?

3. Is there anything i can do in the future to prevent or protect myself from this happening again?

May 20, 2015 8:40 AM in response to Linc Davis

After the first few steps...i cannnt find the other and raw query options...I have iMac with OSX 10.9

My issue is...with i go to software update...there is another name in the apple ID field...its protected...i can't seem to get rid of or change it.

Other...

Raw Query

My apple id mysteriously changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.