Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s system confirmations text errors

The last few days I have noticed that system confirmation dialogs have been garbled or scrambled and unreadable. Often with symbols and spaces instead of normal messages. Exampes include confirmations when downloading and deleting apps. I have tried a hard reset, but have not reset or reinstalled the phone. (Not particularly excited about doing this straightaway if there may be a solution, etc.)

The phone is new (about one month old) and I haven't had any other problems with it or done anything new or different with it lately (that I know of) before this started.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix the issue? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

ST

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 1:54 PM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2014 12:58 PM in response to stobler

Hey stobler,

I would try out erasing your device, setting it up as if it were new, and seeing if that resolves the strange alerts:

iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a new device

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137

After erasing and setting up as a new device, your device is now in a factory configuration. Test to determine if erasing and setting up as a new device resolved the issue. Content on the device may have caused unexpected behavior.

If the issue is still present, you may want to contact Apple Support.

If the issue is now resolved, sync one type of content at a time back to the device. For example, if you had an issue playing music, add songs from iTunes and confirm they will play. If your contacts weren't loading successfully, add the contacts back. After each sync, test to see if the issue has returned.

Sincerely,

Delgadoh

iphone 5s system confirmations text errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.