Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wd 1tb hard drive

I just purchased a WD1tb h/d to use as my Time Machine and when I went to WD's website to install drivers and check for updates, i noticed that this driver is NOT compatible with Maverick (OS) - it wasn't on te list.

Any solutions or feedback will be helpful.

The salesman wasn't too enthusiatic about making the sale either. Had he mentioned this bit of informaiton, and offer some solutions - I may have made a different choice...

iMac, iOS 5.1.1, lion so

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 2:37 PM

This has happend to me just make sure the usb 3.0/2.0 is in properly but what happened to was that I needed a 3.0 & 2.0

6 replies

Jan 17, 2014 2:37 PM in response to blaqueruestir

Typically Macs don't require special drivers, though the drives will require reformatting for Mac use since they come formatted for Windows.

Pondini: Formatting, Partitioning, Verifying, and Repairing Disks... - http://pondini.org/OSX/Home.html

I bought a WD 1TB about a year ago and after reformatting with Disk Utility it works with no problem with my G4 computer running OSX 10.4.11.

Jan 17, 2014 2:44 PM in response to Limnos

This particular model (hd) is specific to Mac systems (out of the box), byt when I read the "Compatabilty chart" Maverick was not part of the roster. I have partitioned that drive, renamed it, my system shows it, but the WD Softward manager - doesn't. Should I be concerned about this? See Image: My WD Softwae manager shows my other three devices...

User uploaded file

wd 1tb hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.