6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2014 3:35 PM by blaqueruestir
blaqueruestir Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I just purchased a WD1tb h/d to use as my Time Machine and when I went to WD's website to install drivers and check for updates, i noticed that this driver is NOT compatible with Maverick (OS) - it wasn't on te list.

Any solutions or feedback will be helpful.

The salesman wasn't too enthusiatic about making the sale either. Had he mentioned this bit of informaiton, and offer some solutions - I may have made a different choice...

iMac, iOS 5.1.1, lion so
  • Jimmymac112 Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

This has happend to me just make sure the usb 3.0/2.0 is in properly but what happened to was that I needed a 3.0 & 2.0

• Limnos Level 8 Level 8 (40,685 points)

Typically Macs don't require special drivers, though the drives will require reformatting for Mac use since they come formatted for Windows.

Pondini: Formatting,  Partitioning, Verifying,  and  Repairing  Disks... - http://pondini.org/OSX/Home.html

I bought a WD 1TB about a year ago and after reformatting with Disk Utility it works with no problem with my G4 computer running OSX 10.4.11.

• blaqueruestir Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This particular model (hd) is specific to Mac systems (out of the box), byt when I read the "Compatabilty chart" Maverick was not part of the roster. I have partitioned that drive, renamed it, my system shows it, but the WD Softward manager - doesn't. Should I be concerned about this? See Image: My WD Softwae manager shows my other three devices...

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 5.42.24 PM.png

I have found a solution...thanks all for your help.

• Limnos Level 8 Level 8 (40,685 points)

Is that some WD software image?  I never use those bundled utilities unless they do something I can't get the operating sytem to do.

Yes. it is part of WD's product software. I comes with the hard drives. See image (belowt). Start here and it takes you to the previous image/window. It is good for backing up your hard drive to the external/WD drive.

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 6.28.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 6.30.57 PM.png

This is what came with the WD 1/tb/To 3.0 Hard Drive (above)