Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why don't purchased films through the Apple TV appear as downloadable on iTunes?

I'm using the same Apple ID, purchasing films on the Apple TV.

When I look up the same films on my Mac, I can actually purchase them again (I'm not going through with the purchase but it looks like I'd be charged?).

By the way I know how to download them by going through the "Purchased" link on the iTunes store.

But why don't the films appear as "Purchased" in the results?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 2:49 PM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2014 2:08 PM in response to garlandsmith1

Hello garlandsmith1,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

iTunes Store: Where can I download and sync my purchases?

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3951

you can purchase a movie on an Apple TV and the movie will be added to the Apple TV download queue. However, you may also go to iTunes on your computer, sign in to the iTunes Store, and choose Store > Check for Available Downloads and be able to download the movie using your computer.

Checking for available downloads from your computer will not allow you to download movie rentals made on Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Movie rentals must be downloaded to the place of purchase.

Best of luck,

Mario

why don't purchased films through the Apple TV appear as downloadable on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.