Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete songs from iTunes Match while keeping them in my computer's iTunes library?

So I know I'm not the only one with this problem, but I can't seem to find an answer specifically relevant to my issue. I have a playlist on my computer entitled "Christmas Music" in which I store all of my holiday songs (about 64 songs out of over 6,000). Now that the Christmas season is over, I no longer want to listen to these songs, so I have unchecked them all in my iTunes library. However, because I am subscribed to iTunes Match, the songs all still play when I have my music shuffled on my phone—iTunes Match apparently doesn't care whether they are checked in your library or not; it will still sync them across all your devices and play them during shuffle mode regardless.

The solution would be for me to somehow remove these particular songs from iCloud so they no longer play in iTunes Match. However, I would still like to have the songs in my iTunes library so that I could listen to them again in the future during the appropriate time of year. I can only seem to find instructions on how to delete the songs permanently from both my iTunes Library and iCloud, when all I really want to do is delete them from iCloud.

Is there a way for me to do this that doesn't involve permanently losing any of my songs? Please help.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 3:17 PM

1 reply

How do I delete songs from iTunes Match while keeping them in my computer's iTunes library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.