Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Email Storage Usage Not Updated

To free up iCloud storage space, I deleted a lot of large emails with attachments. I emptied the Trash. Did this on Mac Mail, and confirmed the large emails were removed. However, looking at the space that Mail is using according to iCloud Preferences > Manage it has not been updated to reflect the smaller space - it's displaying exactly the same number. I got the exact amount of storage space info from Mac Mail, and confirmed it should be considerably less.

I think the iCloud storage space usage values are not being updated - it's been about 20 mins since the delete. Both the Mac and iPhone are still showing the pre-email-removal storage values.

Is this a bug? How do I get the iCloud preferences on the phone and Mac to update?

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 5:23 PM

6 replies

Jan 17, 2014 6:11 PM in response to Frank Malloy

No, the backup doesn't contain your email so that shouldn't matter. The only thing I've seen that addresses this is this article on iCloud storage buffering: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4873, which says "Your iCloud Storage allocation will readjust itself automatically, but only once another iCloud feature uses the previously allocated space".

If that's what's going on, you may not see the reduction in storage space until something else you store more data in iCloud and it starts to use the space.

iCloud Email Storage Usage Not Updated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.