Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delay between keyboard and sound

The is quite the delay from the time i touch my midi keyboard till the time the sound comes out. Anything i can do to make it shorter, for it will be easier for me to play without that delay? Sorry my question format ***** but im sure ya get me/.

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 1:24 AM

Hi

There are two possibilities here, depending on exactly where your problem lies:

a) Instrument tracks have a"Live mode", where the record button is Red, and a "not-live" mode (record button reveresed gray/red) where the Instrument channel is in "sleep" (my term) mode to save CPU power.

When "waking" or putting an Instrument channel in Live mode by playing a MIDI note, there is a small delay whilst the channel is put in Live mode.

You can put an Instrument channel into Live mode by a variety of methods, buy the easiest would be to send it any MIDI messages before trying to play something "realtime", by clicking on the R button in the track header, or by pressing play with the correct track selected.

b) More general latency is affected by the buffer size in Logic Pro X Preferences:Audio. Smaller buffer=lower latency but higher CPU load.

CCT

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2014 1:24 AM in response to fooooreal

Hi

There are two possibilities here, depending on exactly where your problem lies:

a) Instrument tracks have a"Live mode", where the record button is Red, and a "not-live" mode (record button reveresed gray/red) where the Instrument channel is in "sleep" (my term) mode to save CPU power.

When "waking" or putting an Instrument channel in Live mode by playing a MIDI note, there is a small delay whilst the channel is put in Live mode.

You can put an Instrument channel into Live mode by a variety of methods, buy the easiest would be to send it any MIDI messages before trying to play something "realtime", by clicking on the R button in the track header, or by pressing play with the correct track selected.

b) More general latency is affected by the buffer size in Logic Pro X Preferences:Audio. Smaller buffer=lower latency but higher CPU load.

CCT

Delay between keyboard and sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.