Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silence Switch Not Working?

Hi. My silence switch isn't working properly. When I flip it, nothing pops up on the screen that says silence or ringer. It doesn't even vibrate when i turn it to mute. I have gone into the settings and done the assistive touch thing and that seemed to work. I just would like to get my switch to work WITHOUT going to Apple Care. Or jailbreaking my iPhone. (iPhone 4s) any solutions to help? Thanks!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 6:24 PM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2014 6:28 PM in response to kaylabug2702

Do you have a case on the phone? The mute switch is a physical button and if you try a reset, holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and the phone reboots. If that does not help, the next step is restore from backup, and the last step is restore as new. If none of those work, then your only choice is the Genius Bar as there would be something physically wrong with the device.

Silence Switch Not Working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.