Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get a replacement iPod?

I purchased a 4th gen iPod on the 8th of September last year, so it's still covered by the one year warranty.

About a month ago the iPod began to show these problems:

-At times it will run slow. (This is the main problem)

-I sometimes get problems with the camera, where if I record for more than about two minutes it will crash.

-I also have a problem with the battery, where if I turn my iPod off, the battery runs out very quickly. I have since stopped turning it off.

An example is: When I took the iPod to school, I would turn it off and when I got home the battery would be dead. But, if I leave it on for the day the

battery still has a decent amount of charge.

I know I could just go to a tech shop and get the battery replaced, but the first problem I mentioned has become right annoying.

I'm wanting to get a replacement iPod, but am unsure how to go about it.

You see, these problems aren't something I can 'plan'. If I take it to the shop I purchased it from and they ask to see what I'm talking about, I can't just bring out my iPod and order it to malfunction. It happens randomly. So I'm worried that they won't be able to help me.

I know of an Apple store near me, if I had a letter or something from Apple, perhaps I could take it there and get a replacement without a hassle?

I'm pretty sure this is out of the question and I'm not expecting this; but am is it possible for me to get a money refund, so I could put in some extra money and get a 5th gen?

Someone please tell me how to go about this. Thankyou!

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 10:46 PM

2 replies

Jan 17, 2014 11:48 PM in response to JasmineT03

Yes you can get a replacement for the batterie but it will almost equal the cost of a brand new ipod. If you take the ipod in which is your best option. Then they will look it over and tell you if there is any thing they can do to fix it. For instance they might say to reset the ipod which will erase everything. So I would first backup all the content that is on that ipod to a computer or iCloud and then take it in. And if it's still the problem then they will ask you for a replacement starting at $99.00.

Can I get a replacement iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.