Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to undo Font Book changes?

I wanted to add some fonts to my mac, so opened Font Book and selectd "Add" and pointed it to a font collection in a folder. It's now installed all gazillion fonts (I'd hoped I'd be able to look through the folder and pick and choose visually...no such luck).

When I open Font Book, the new fonts aren't there. Yet, when I open Keynote, I can now see an incredibly long list of new and old fonts in the font menu.

I've tried using Finder and Spotlight to see if there's a single Font folder into which all these new fonts and others I'd used before are stored, but they appear to have stayed within the original (collection) folder. I did this as I thought if I could locate the correct folder, i'd simply go into Time Machine and wind the clock back a few hours to restore my original fonts.

So. My question: Is there any other way I can simply restore it to the way it was a few hours before? I don't want to use the "Restore standard fonts" as I've got other fonts that I'd prefer to not have to reload.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 12:30 PM

Fonts are stored in 2 places. The hard drive level Library/Fonts and in your User Library/Fonts. Since you added them, they may be in your User Library.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2014 12:30 PM in response to ggfromcp

Fonts are stored in 2 places. The hard drive level Library/Fonts and in your User Library/Fonts. Since you added them, they may be in your User Library.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.

How to undo Font Book changes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.