Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OSX not showing up in Boot Option or Windows

Okay so I have posted some questions before concerning me installing windows on my Mac Pro desktop. I have a early 2008 model and I wanted to run Windows on it seperatley with another Hard Drive. Some people told me it couldnt be done that I would just have to use bootcamp and make a partition and others said it would work. Long story short, I am now running Windows 7 64 bit and Mac OS on my Mac Pro on 2 seperte Hard Drives. After downloading all the drivers and tweaking a few things, I have it running pretty smooth and fixed most of the small problems I've had.

So my question is why when I startup the computer into Boot Option, the Mac HD does not show, only Windows HD? What I'm concerned anout is the fact that I had everything working perfectly just yesterday after installng a few bootcamp drivers and playing around with it, I got the Mac Hard Drive to show up in Boot Option and ALSO was being ecognized inside Windows as a seperate HD and in the Windows Bototcamp Control Panel. I had everything working perfectly somehow so I didn't want to mess around with the drivers anymore at all. Then last night I left my computer on like usual and when I came back on it the Mac HD wasn't showing again on Windows or in Boot Option or in Boot Camp Control Panel. I have all the correct BootCamp drivers for my specific Mac and I've done most things right as far as I know, but I am just upset that it stopped working so suddenly after everything was running fine. I'm not too fluent with BootCamp or Mac or anything so any answers or suggestions from somebody more experienced would be great! Thanks for reading, I know its long, sorry 😟.

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 4:59 AM

There are no replies.

Mac OSX not showing up in Boot Option or Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.