Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"You're Listening to iTunes Radio" error

After changing the password for my Apple ID on my iMac, I am unable to sign in to iTunes Radio from any of my devices (iPhone 5S, iPad 4th gen, or Apple TV 3rd gen). While surprised the devices didn't just learn my new password, I assumed it's perhaps a security matter so have been attempting to sign in with my new or old password. Most everything else appears to work. But when I attempt to listen to iTunes Radio, all I get is a male voice repeating over and over continuously "You're listening to iTunes Radio." On-screen the display just cycles through album covers. I was able to listen to my own music streamed from iMatch on my iPhone, but not my iPad, and neither plays iTunes Radio--just that "You're listening to iTunes Radio" repeated over and over. I have tried power cycling the iPhone, turning iTunes Match off then on, entering my iCloud ID in lieu of my normal non-Apple domain Apple ID, all to no avail.

I had no idea updating my Apple ID's password would be so problematic. Can anyone help me or has iTunes Radio simply gone crazy?

iPad, iOS 7, 4th Generation

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 7:18 AM

5 replies

Jan 19, 2014 2:45 PM in response to Fred Thorne

I am having the same issue. I've been listening to iTunes Radio since it was released on Apple TV. Yesterday a song started repeating over and over again. The remote would not respond despite the indicator lighting up. I ended up unplugging the unit to reset it.

Today I'm listening to the same custom channel when after quite a few songs the station ID came on. The announcer stuck in a loop saying "you are listening to iTunes Radio" as you describe. This time I was able to leave the channel but could no longer play it (kept repeating). Other channels worked fine. It took another unplug / reset to work again.

Jan 21, 2014 8:26 AM in response to Fred Thorne

Same issue since changing Apple ID password. Apple TV won't allow me to play my music of video purchases (says iTunes is currently unavailable). I'm able to play them on my mac and iPad, however. Radio on the other hand is completely crazy on all my devices - when choosing a station it immediately skips through several songs at a rapid pace then gets stuck on the "you're listening to iTunes radio" glitch as described above.

I've done a reset and factory restore of my Apple TV, signed in and out of my Apple ID, reset my router, NOTHING has worked. Apple support was no help.

I'm sorry I have nothing to contribute right now - I'll keep searching and share here if I find a solution.

Why is chaning my password causing such chaos?!

"You're Listening to iTunes Radio" error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.