Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two mail accounts. One is called icloud and one is called Icloud. How do I get rid of the Icloud account without removing the icloud account?

Under Mailboxes, there is a list:

All Inboxes

Icloud

iCloud

VIP

Under Accounts

@ Icloud

(cloud symbol) iCloud

In Settings, there is only one (cloud symbol) account: iCloud

Under Settings ==> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, there are two accounts.

iCloud is for Mail, Notes, Photos, find My iPad, Documents & Data

Icloud is only for Mail, Notes

I can turn mail off for the Icloud account. If I turn off Notes, there is a warning: All IMAP notes will be removed from you iPad.

I can turn off mail and notes for the iCloud account. No problems

The Default Account for Notes is Icloud.

I have changed the Default Accounts for Notes to "On My iPad." Still not able to turn of the notes in the Icloud Account.

And, now for something completely different! The multiple mail box accounts do not show up in the Mail app. There are still multiple accounts for notes.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 7:36 AM

3 replies

Jan 19, 2014 6:37 AM in response to iOS -08-__

I went to Notes. Showed all notes. Three notes are duplicated, one on iCloud and one on Icloud. I deleted one of the notes and checked to see if the other still existed. It did. I deleted the other two notes. I check all notes and found that the three notes were deleted on both accounts. The only notes on this device are under On My iPad.

I went into system settings and tried to delete the Icloud account. The warning comes up: This will delete all IMAP notes on your device. Will this also delete the notes in On My iPad?

I have two mail accounts. One is called icloud and one is called Icloud. How do I get rid of the Icloud account without removing the icloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.