Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I send a signal over USB data lines in Xcode

I want to control a power socket with a USB port, but I cant find any code on how to send signals or pulses over the data lines in a USB port.

Is there a way to control this with some C or Objective-C code?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 7:40 AM

What device are you communicating with? USB by itself will not control a power socket (or anything else really) it is a means to communicate with a device plugged into the USB.

The developer of the device you are trying to use will have to supply a driver or some low level code to control the device. Theb you communicate with the driver from your code.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2014 7:40 AM in response to TenIsANumber

What device are you communicating with? USB by itself will not control a power socket (or anything else really) it is a means to communicate with a device plugged into the USB.

The developer of the device you are trying to use will have to supply a driver or some low level code to control the device. Theb you communicate with the driver from your code.

How can I send a signal over USB data lines in Xcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.