Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, lost iphone 4 seems to be taken over by hapa1964@hotmail.com. Any ideas on how to delete. Have new iPhone new 5S and back up from icloud

Hello,

I lost my iphone in December, and bought Iphone 5S 2 - 3 weeks later. I tried restoring old data from icloud backup and was asked for the password for

hapa1964@hotmail for App store purchases. This is not my account, so I assume my account was hijacked. I have been unsuccessful at deleting this address

from my phone. A search online turned up similar experiences from other users on this forum. Has anyone found a solution to fix or delete ?

Many thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 11:07 AM

Go to -> https://appleid.apple.com

and change your AppleID password.

If you have problems, contact -> Apple support and speak with account security.

23 replies

Jan 18, 2014 11:12 AM in response to Pearrlish

Pearrlish wrote:

I tried restoring old data from icloud backup and was asked for the password for hapa1964@hotmail for App store purchases. This is not my account, so I assume my account was hijacked.

When restoring from iCloud you must first login to icloud with your device. Once you've logged into iCloud the ONLY backups available are ones that were made with the device you are using with this icloud account.

The only way one restores a backup from iCloud is by means of re-activating the device and then again logging into the device prior to the restore from icloud. IF as you say the account you are trying to restore from is not your account then I would tend to think it's an account that once was yours or this account may have had its name changed. I would contact Apple support and ask for account security to see if they are able to sort this out for you.

Good luck.

Jan 18, 2014 12:09 PM in response to Pearrlish

Pearrlish wrote:

thks - tried this - hapa still pops up.

You have changed your AppleID password?

Thenb you deleted the iCloud account & re-added it?

Then you have some apps purchased by hapa1964@hotmail in your iTunes library.

Did you get any apps from a friend or have a friend use your computer to sync their iDevice to your computer?

Jan 18, 2014 3:02 PM in response to Pearrlish

By what you are talking about then i do not see your account being hacked. Since you were able to get to your backup, seems like your account is safe. Just like chris said, go ahead and reset the password to be safe

The only way it will ask for another apple id while restoring an backup is that there are Apps or music on the device from that apple id. So like i said, you can skip the step where it asks for that apple id password

Mar 21, 2014 12:03 PM in response to AlbertovsSP

It's not a bug.

It means you have music in your iTunes Library originally purchased by hapa1964@hotmail.com from the iTunes Store.

If you have been given music by friends, downloaded tracks from the internet or otherwise obtained music you did not buy or transfer from CDs you own, this is where it has come from.

To stop this request you need to remove all iTunes Store purchased music that is not associated with your AppleID from your iTunes Library.

Hello, lost iphone 4 seems to be taken over by hapa1964@hotmail.com. Any ideas on how to delete. Have new iPhone new 5S and back up from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.